Use Apple’s iPhone iOS location tools if you or your buddies want to keep track of each other’s whereabouts and meet up while you’re out and about. You’ll be happy to learn that Apple’s iOS operating system includes the Find My iPhone app, which makes it simple to share your location on iPhone and find a contact. When a friend shares their location with you through the Find My app on your iPhone or iPad, you can view it using the Apple Maps service.
Additionally, Apple has made it simple to see how far your friends are from you, enabling you to estimate how fast you can meet up whether you are walking, driving, or using public transportation. It is important to note that you must have Precise Location activated in the Find My application if you want to be able to view how far your friends are from you.
Share your location on iPhone
You must enable location sharing on your iPhone or iPad if you want to share your location with friends and family. Go to the Find My iOS app and choose me at the bottom of the screen to accomplish this. The option to enable Share My Location will then appear. By selecting Use This iPhone as My Location, you can make your iPhone share your location if it isn’t already. Friends and family will now see the location of your iPhone rather than your iPad or MacBook computer when they check your location on their iOS devices.
To share your location with a friend follow the instructions below.
- Open the Find My app first.
- To share your location, hit the Plus button that is located on the right-hand side of the screen halfway down above your contacts list.
- After you click, Apple will prompt you for the person’s name with whom you want to share your location. Or you may just hit the Add button once more to see your contacts and choose one from there.
- Select send to confirm your decision, and then decide how long you want to let this contact know where you are.
Find my friends on iPhone
Simply launch the Find My app on your iOS device and choose the name of the person you want to view their location for from the list at the bottom of the screen to see where your friends and family are. If your buddy can be located, their position will be shown on a map along with other pertinent information. Apple has also made it simple to use Siri to help find a friend who is willing to share their location with you by asking Siri, “Where’s Steve?” while substituting your friend’s name for Steve.
Unfortunately, you may get the No location discovered prompt beside their name, indicating that their whereabouts cannot be at the moment, if they are out of cellular network service or have their iPhone or iPad switched off.
Once you’ve located a buddy on your iPhone, you can ask the Maps app to give you driving instructions so you can meet up with them. You can also assign labels to your friends’ locations, such as “Work” or “Home,” to help you remember where they could be. To accomplish this, you only need to tap the individual whose label you want to set and then tap their name. Select Edit Location Name, then type your unique label. You can add contacts to your favourites for your BFFs by selecting their name and then clicking “Add to Favorites.”
It’s also important to keep in mind that you may let others know when your location changes by following the steps below.
- Open the Find My app first.
- From the list in the bottom-left corner of the screen, choose the contact’s name.
- Select Add and Notify from the Notifications section below.
- Decide if you want to alert your buddy when you enter or depart a certain place.
- To specify a location range for the notice, select the location or press New Location. If you make the radius larger, your buddy will receive a notification whenever you enter that region rather than when they arrive at a specified point.
- Choose whether you want your friend or relative to be informed only once or each time you enter or depart that location.
- Click Add to complete the configuration.
Turn off share location on iPhone
Enter the Find My app and touch on the contact you want to remove from alerts if you want to adjust whether your iPhone may share your location with friends and family. Select one of the options from the Notifications section below: Change a notification by choosing Change, then clicking done, or turn one off by selecting Delete Notification, then selecting Delete Notification once more to confirm.
The iOS location sharing tools may also be used to get notifications when a buddy enters or exits a certain location. To accomplish this, simply choose a contact and click Add and Notify Me under Notifications. It’s important to keep in mind that any notifications you set up will alert your friend or relative in order to stop any unauthorized tracking. You can create up to 25 Notify Me notifications with Apple.
Once again, you can set the radius larger if you want to know when a friend leaves the city rather than a specific location if your contact is okay with you tracking them. Next, decide whether you would like to be notified when they arrive or leave a location. Your contact will receive an alert asking them to approve the location sharing you have set up if you set recurrent notifications. They will need to approve the location prompts before it is set.