To keep your messenger app a bit more organized, it may occasionally be essential to delete messages with your favourite or least favourite contacts. This fast article will walk you through the process of delete messages from Messenger app. Both straight from the official website and within the official application.
You through the procedure and demonstrate how to remove individual messages, chats, and images from your inbox. However, it is important to note that doing this will not remove them from your friends’ inboxes. Additionally, you cannot delete all of your conversations at once but can do so one at a time.
Facebook will preserve all of your messages in your inbox while you use the Meta Messenger app on your phone until you opt to remove them. Simply right-click the chat you want to delete on the Messenger desktop app and choose “Delete Conversation.” A confirmation window will then display, and you must click “Delete” to complete the procedure.
By opening the conversation in the app and performing a right-click on the message or photo you want to remove, you may delete a single message or photo in Messenger. After choosing “Remove for you,” click “Remove” to confirm your decision. The Messenger.com also offers this procedure. Simply click the “…” button with three dots after hovering over a chat that is situated underneath Chats. At this point, select “Delete > Delete.” Open the chat where you want to delete the message or picture, then click the three dots “…” symbol and choose “Remove > Remove” from the menu that appears.
Delete individual messages from Messenger at Facebook.com
- Click on Messenger, which is in the upper right corner of your browser window, and then click “See All in Messenger” at the bottom of your list of Messenger windows.
- From the left column, choose the specific chat message you want to delete. When it appears in your main centre window, click the three vertical dots symbol, choose “Remove,” and then click it again in the pop-up window.
Delete entire conversations from Messenger at Facebook.com
- Hover your cursor over any chat listed in the left-hand column and click the three horizontal dots icon to delete the entire conversation from your feed. Next, click “Delete Chat.”
You can clean up your Messenger application and conversations by selecting “Archived Chats” if you have archived any conversations.
Delete messages from Messenger App
To delete individual messages from the official Messenger App
- Start by opening the chat window containing the offending message.
- Press and hold the touchscreen button to choose the message.
- To remove the message from your chat, choose “Remove for you.”
To delete an entire conversation from the mobile Messenger App
- To delete a discussion on an Android smartphone, tap and hold the conversation with your finger, then press “Delete.”
- To delete a conversation on an Apple device, swipe left on the conversation, pick “More,” and then click “Delete.”