Apple IDs give you access to things like iCloud, iTunes, Apple Music, the App Store, and more. Additionally, it’s needed to sync content between devices, make purchases, etc.
It’s free and easy to create an Apple ID, so if you’re new to the Apple ecosystem, this is the first thing you should do. Here’s how to create an Apple ID on a PC.
- Start iTunes for Windows, then update it.
- Select Account > Sign In in the iTunes window’s menu bar.
- Select Create New Apple ID.
- Enter your first and last name, country, password, and security questions.
- It’s possible that you’ll be asked for credit card info, but choosing “None” lets you skip that. You’ll need to verify your Apple ID account, and you’ll get an email from Apple.
How to Sign Up on the Web
Follow these steps to create an Apple ID on a PC:
- Go to your browser.
- Go to Apple ID.
- Click the “Create an Apple ID” button.
- Go through the steps.
On the web, you sign up for an Apple ID the same way you do through iTunes, and it requires the same verification.