How to hard reset a iPad Air 5
The fifth-generation iPad Air (2022) lacks a Home button as well, and Touch ID is integrated into the Power button, like with the iPad Air 4.
Some motions and functionalities, such as restart, shut down, and force restart, change from prior iPads due to the lack of a Home button.
Closing and restarting the iPad Air is the same gesture, however a force restart, which is utilised if a standard restart does not function, differs slightly from previous iPads.
Restart or shut down of iPad Air 5 and 4
- When you keep holding down the top power button or either volume up or volume down, a slider will display.
- Turn off the iPad by swiping your finger along the slider.
- When it’s off, hold the top power button until you see the Apple logo.
Apple’s iPad Air requires a full shutdown followed by a power restart, whereas iPads with the Home button may be restarted by simultaneously pressing the Home and Side buttons on the tablet.
Open the Settings app, pick General, and then Shut Down.
Here’s is How to by force Restart an iPad Air 4 or 5
- Hold down the volume up button.
- Press and hold the volume down button.
- Keep holding the Power button until it restarts.
You can use the identical techniques to shut down or restart an iPhone without a Home button as you can with the iPad mini 6, iPad Air 4, and iPad Pro – you’ll hold the Side button on the right instead of the top power button.